LET'S DISCUSS THE RESULTS OF YOUR OBSERVATION!

Comparing brochures

Comparing brochures

by Alvina Janice Kirana -
Number of replies: 12

On brochure 1 we can see that this is a descriptive brochure and the word choices contain more of a cultural words. 

Brochure 2 is more persuasive compared to the first brochure and it uses "you" and "we".

Brochure 3 is a persuasive brochure, it is very simple, compact, and explicit. Pretty similar to brochure 2.

Brochure 4 is a descriptive brochure but also uses persuasive words, it uses the first person pronoun and second person pronoun like brochure 2.

In reply to Alvina Janice Kirana

Re: Comparing brochures

by Lilis Setyowati -
Is writing the price on the brochure also included in the cultural context?
In reply to Lilis Setyowati

I think so, cause as we can see on the brochure 2 (Indonesian), the price there is set in a very huge size to grab the attention of the readers. Meanwhile on brochure 4 (English) the price is set on normal size in the description. Furthermore on brochure 3 (English) it is shown that it has discount and it is set in normal size when usually in Indonesian brochure if there's any discount it will be set into a large size. 

by Devanni Kusuma Putri -

how about the structure of those brochure ? do you think that they are different between Indonesian language and English?

by Irawan Saleh Wijaya -

In brochure 1 written a lot of food and special items from South Alalak and it can make brochure 1 more persuasive i think.

In reply to Irawan Saleh Wijaya

by Siti Khofifatul Ulya -

From your opinion above.  I would like to ask more about your opinions and your knowledge about how to make a brochure that is good, true, and able to attract many potential tourists.

In reply to Irawan Saleh Wijaya

Yes maybe because of the content that is interesting and attractive but I think it doesn't really use a lot of persuasive words and sentences like brochure 2, 3 and 4. 

by Hilman Haqiem -

How about the visual of brochure 1? Because I think the visual of brochure 1 is not attractive. How about you?

In reply to Hilman Haqiem

Yeah I think it's more of the design that is not very attractive and pleasing to the eyes. Compared to Brochure 4 that is also descriptive brochure, it doesn't really have lots of pictures but the design is simple and is pleasing to the eyes but on brochure 1 how the pictures got put together is a bit boring. 

by Firdah Lia -

Based on your answer about brochure 4, it says that it is using persuasive words, can you spot the word which included into persuasive words as you said before?

In reply to Firdah Lia

"Get ready to embark on a true Australian animal experience, ...." 

And 

"Venture off the beaten track and really experience the Blue Mountains...." 

I think they are categorized as persuasive sentence.